The FRAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The FRAG

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inThe Order of the Stick

My FvS Build - if anyone wants it lol

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Octo
Once bought an apple
Once bought an apple
Octo

My FvS Build - if anyone wants it lol Empty
PostSubject: My FvS Build - if anyone wants it lol   My FvS Build - if anyone wants it lol EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 11:55 am

so we all - mainly blib - had a laugh at my first attempt to build a decent FvS, although since the respec to mainly healing based spells and a re-jig of wepon proficiency its actually turing out to be pretty damned useful

details to follow if anyone wants them ie feats, enhancements, items, spells etc

so far:

Female Drow 32pt FvS - Shortsword and Shield Heal Build. Lvl 10 at time of writing

HP - 207
SP - 1162
BAB +7
Spell Res 19
AC 35 unbuffed
Fire res 20 + Acid res 20 unbuffed

i may have started ddo life as a barb but FvS is officially amazing to play Smile
Back to top Go down
Tidy
Competent
Competent
Tidy

PostSubject: Re: My FvS Build - if anyone wants it lol   My FvS Build - if anyone wants it lol EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 1:37 pm

<pedantic> 32pt drow eh? </pedantic>
Back to top Go down
Klaaatu Barada Nikto
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
Klaaatu Barada Nikto

PostSubject: Re: My FvS Build - if anyone wants it lol   My FvS Build - if anyone wants it lol EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 4:44 pm

Rolling Eyes Play nicely Tidy!!! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Octo
Once bought an apple
Once bought an apple
Octo

PostSubject: Re: My FvS Build - if anyone wants it lol   My FvS Build - if anyone wants it lol EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 3:56 pm

lol yh didnt even notice - it kind of is tho just the extra 4points are already allocated

nice use of the /pedantic switches tho - i might even write some html for that for you lol
Back to top Go down
emi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
emi

PostSubject: Re: My FvS Build - if anyone wants it lol   My FvS Build - if anyone wants it lol EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 3:00 am

Will try to be as gentle as possible mate

Octo wrote:

HP - 207

Major Fail! reroll.

Why not try this:-

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=200561

Now I know you will want to build your own build, but try this and when u have an idea what you want it to do exactly then build your own.
Back to top Go down
Tidy
Competent
Competent
Tidy

PostSubject: Re: My FvS Build - if anyone wants it lol   My FvS Build - if anyone wants it lol EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 6:58 am

Bollocks. 450+ hp is for dweebs who melee. Healers don't need silly hp, but they do have to be survivors.

Back to top Go down
emi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
emi

PostSubject: Re: My FvS Build - if anyone wants it lol   My FvS Build - if anyone wants it lol EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 12:14 pm

Tidy wrote:
Bollocks. 450+ hp is for dweebs who melee. Healers don't need silly hp, but they do have to be survivors.

At end game you can easily be hit for over 300 hp and sometimes over 400, you aint going to heal yourself if you are dead. 450 is considered the safe spot, I think 400 may suffice. But on thing is for sure 207 is way to squishy!

Oh and testicles to you good sir! Razz
Back to top Go down
Klaaatu Barada Nikto
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
Klaaatu Barada Nikto

PostSubject: Re: My FvS Build - if anyone wants it lol   My FvS Build - if anyone wants it lol EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 12:23 pm

Cough Cough!!! cheers Razz
Back to top Go down
Tidy
Competent
Competent
Tidy

PostSubject: Re: My FvS Build - if anyone wants it lol   My FvS Build - if anyone wants it lol EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 3:21 pm

And I've been hit with spells that do over 500hp damage well before end game. And I died. Big surprise. But it's rare, and for those healers that can survive that: well done. Go to the top of the class.

There's always going to be something that can kill you dead instantly. Such as standing anywhere near your party's barbarian, sorceror or rogue. Keep out of the way, don't do any damage, don't pick up aggro, have high will and fort saves, diplo anything that comes near or just plain run away.

But then, I don't run with the Hunters of the world, and I don't intend to.

In any case, I looked at that build. 457hp - that's at level 20 and comprises 160 base, 155 from enhancements and eq (no need to reroll to get those, but good luck with all that crafting!), 42 from feats (again, not a problem and 20 of those are from Heroic Durability), and 100 from con bonus (at level 20!).

I mean, for that 100hp con bonus you only need to roll 12 at creation. A +2 tome and a +6 item (and by level 20 you'd have both unless you've been boosted) and you're there.
Back to top Go down
Klaaatu Barada Nikto
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
Klaaatu Barada Nikto

PostSubject: Re: My FvS Build - if anyone wants it lol   My FvS Build - if anyone wants it lol EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 4:03 pm

I wa with RIGHT up to the end of the first paragraph, then u starting grown up DDO speak andlost me is it fun to play....no=reroll! is it fun to play? yes= cool get on with it. wil it annoy Blib yes= play it every night tongue
Back to top Go down
emi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
emi

PostSubject: Re: My FvS Build - if anyone wants it lol   My FvS Build - if anyone wants it lol EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 9:09 am

Tidy wrote:
In any case, I looked at that build. 457hp - that's at level 20 and comprises 160 base, 155 from enhancements and eq (no need to reroll to get those, but good luck with all that crafting!), 42 from feats (again, not a problem and 20 of those are from Heroic Durability), and 100 from con bonus (at level 20!).

I mean, for that 100hp con bonus you only need to roll 12 at creation. A +2 tome and a +6 item (and by level 20 you'd have both unless you've been boosted) and you're there.

Yup. When calculating hit points for lvl 20 its the norm to include everything. so every race can add toughness 23 and a minimum 2 racial enhancements = 43. Throw in minos, con, gfl and its not hard to ease past 300. FFS if i can break 400 with emi a drow rogue then its not hard.
Back to top Go down
emi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
emi

PostSubject: Re: My FvS Build - if anyone wants it lol   My FvS Build - if anyone wants it lol EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 9:09 am

Klaaatu Barada Nikto wrote:
wil it annoy Blib yes= play it every night tongue

Yay, something everyone can agree on!
Back to top Go down
SlowDM
The Missing Link
The Missing Link
SlowDM

PostSubject: drow fvs melee build help please   My FvS Build - if anyone wants it lol EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 3:36 pm

Alivef heart of wood character redo drow female choatic good
level 16 with 35k to lev 18
i have used these
str +1 tome
dex +1 tome best i av is +6 dex boots of swimming so no use really
con +2 tome
int +1 tome plus belt of thoughtful rememberance int +5
wis +2 tome
chr +2 tome plus +6 cloak
i will not be buying any tomes
Build i would like
2 weapon fighting shortswords or rapier shortsword
Not bothered about offensive casting. i have staf magi and efffincency 6, ardour 6, staff of fleshshaping, so can pike as healer.
What should my stats be , skils prob just jump, what feats needed. I haven't played any end game or raids so will not be TRing.
I have some str and con items so should be ok, or what quests sohould i do to find good 1's

Runikz my lev 18 arti i will prob TR

Now you've all stopped laughing. HELP

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My FvS Build - if anyone wants it lol   My FvS Build - if anyone wants it lol Empty

Back to top Go down

My FvS Build - if anyone wants it lol
Page 1 of 1