The FRAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The FRAG

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inThe Order of the Stick

Iconic only static night will be starting in the next couple of weeks

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SlowDM
The Missing Link
The Missing Link
SlowDM

Iconic only static night will be starting in the next couple of weeks Empty
PostSubject: Iconic only static night will be starting in the next couple of weeks   Iconic only static night will be starting in the next couple of weeks EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 4:59 am

With Frag night on thursday full to overflowing.(As a side note there are other voice programs that let more than 6 talk together. I'll look into it). Its time to set up some other nights.
We all have real life to deal with so i'll be setting up 2 different nights.

This has been muttered about and mentioned for awhile now. I know our friend emi is upto the same thing and i don't want to step on his toes so we're in contact about it.
An Iconic only static night will be starting in the next couple of weeks. No night as yet but a game time of 9pm till 11pm will be the best for everyone. Some form of iconic TR will be with us early next year.
At present there's me, our latest new guildie and 1 or 2 others more or less ready to get started.
1. Anyone interested please post a day/time thats best for you. 9pm start 11pm finish is the best time i'm sure.

About the 2nd night . A zerg/levelling night springs to mind. The problem i see with that is, we don't all have differing levels of characters. At present seems lev 7-ish and 15-ish are whats being played by guildies. Or maybe a TR night even a combination of the two. It's possible to get some easy quick xp doing certain quests. For instance last night did group in von3 epic hard x 3, got about 250k xp in an hour. By the way i don't know all(not many) of the best easy xp quests, HELP needed lol. I suspect this night will not fill so a hireling or 2, i'd be happy with. This will start in about a months time.
2. Anyone interested please post the best day time for you.

Right cup of coffee and watch the local 'pub/ teams play football out the window while i finish off new enhancements.

Back to top Go down
SlowDM
The Missing Link
The Missing Link
SlowDM

PostSubject: Iconic only night starting next week   Iconic only static night will be starting in the next couple of weeks EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 2:11 pm

Got 3 definate's so far(inc me) and 1'm waiting for 1 more to reply back. . I've penciled in, to start tues 17th at 9pm but check back by Friday the 13th for the kill count wuhahahah , sorry for definate start time and day. I've tried the Bladeforged Paladin-very ggod, Morninglord cleric-good as a healer, Shadar-kai only for an hour but i liked her. The Purple dragon Knight is getting a try out tonight and maybe 2mo.

Iconic only Staic night. Group roster so far
Shadar-kai
Purple Dragon Knoght
I'm happy to be Morninglord Cleric or Bladeforged paladin

Whatever happens we will start next week as i've allways found when something's good other's join in :-)

P.S. Its time to try something different

P.S.S. this is also being posted on
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/420012-Happy-go-lucky-Thelanis-guild-looking-for-characters

Back to top Go down
Crinke
Makes an ogre look pretty

PostSubject: Re: Iconic only static night will be starting in the next couple of weeks   Iconic only static night will be starting in the next couple of weeks EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 4:17 pm

Sign me up for both evenings Smile
Back to top Go down
arklemighty
arklemighty

PostSubject: Re: Iconic only static night will be starting in the next couple of weeks   Iconic only static night will be starting in the next couple of weeks EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 1:56 am

Looking forward to it with my new Shadar-kai.
Back to top Go down
arklemighty
arklemighty

PostSubject: Re: Iconic only static night will be starting in the next couple of weeks   Iconic only static night will be starting in the next couple of weeks EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 2:50 am

Spoke to my brother, he is keen to join too so we are full or very close.

He isn't sure what race/class he wants to make, suggested we are short of an arcane!
Back to top Go down
SlowDM
The Missing Link
The Missing Link
SlowDM

PostSubject: Group roster so far   Iconic only static night will be starting in the next couple of weeks EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 4:36 am

Group roster so far
Shadar-kai x 2 -arklemighty and crinke
Purple dragon Knight -Old Sam
Morninglord Cleric-me

Thats 2 spots left. Yes we could do with and arcane. I have ssen a couple of morninglord/pale master builds on ddo forum. Yes does seem a bit strange but morninglord enhancement tree's have some things more suitable for arcanes. I must admit whichever dev thought that +2 int would be good for a cleric should read some d+d manuals lol

So Tuesday's 9pm is the Iconic Static night. Starting tues 17th sept.

We'll have people who have'nt used skype much or at all. So expect some background noise the 1st night :-)
Back to top Go down
Tidy
Competent
Competent
Tidy

PostSubject: Re: Iconic only static night will be starting in the next couple of weeks   Iconic only static night will be starting in the next couple of weeks EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 7:07 am

Have to put some points into INT if you're going heal-cleric. Otherwise you won't have enough skill points.

Not much use as an enhancement though unless you are going multi class. But if they want to encourage cleric splashes in casters then it would make some sense.
Back to top Go down
Crinke

PostSubject: Re: Iconic only static night will be starting in the next couple of weeks   Iconic only static night will be starting in the next couple of weeks EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 12:22 pm

SlowDM wrote:
Group roster so far
Shadar-kai x 2 -arklemighty and Shulaya (Crinke is me Cleric ;p) but Craig will suffice in chat
Purple dragon Knight -Old Sam
Morninglord Cleric-me

We'll have people who haven't used skype much or at all. So expect some background noise the 1st night :-)
And as to the noise at least its not me as much now although the majority of the noise was a certain guild leader that I was getting the blame for scratch 
Back to top Go down
Ian_from_Horton
Wandered in off the street

PostSubject: Re: Iconic only static night will be starting in the next couple of weeks   Iconic only static night will be starting in the next couple of weeks EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 3:37 am

Hello all, as my brother Arkle said, am keen to join this group.

Happy to roll up an arcane, I tried a iconic Rogue 2 / Wiz combo and it looks horrible Razz

So will probably go with Bladeforged Pally 2 / Sorc (or maybe Wiz) 13.

Am on holiday til Saturday but see you in game soon I hope,
Back to top Go down
arklemighty
arklemighty

PostSubject: Re: Iconic only static night will be starting in the next couple of weeks   Iconic only static night will be starting in the next couple of weeks EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 12:48 pm

i did a long post this morning about static group rules - don't know what has happened to it.

To paraphrase - we having any rules about twinking, use of the AH, stat and skill tomes??
Back to top Go down
SlowDM
The Missing Link
The Missing Link
SlowDM

PostSubject: Re: Iconic only static night will be starting in the next couple of weeks   Iconic only static night will be starting in the next couple of weeks EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 6:25 pm

No-one would have deleted your post.

Arggh i don't like rules much lol.
I'd prefer use only what you find. I've no pronlem with using ah to sell and if you make enough to buy thats fine. Anything gained from in-game favour is fine. A lot of favour earnt tp is required to buy anything decent so we can forget that :-)
No DDO store except maybe an odd time if someone forgot spell comps or rogue tools. Cosmetics are fine.
People who have pre-purchased expansions will have tomes of learning, skill tomes etc. I bet i've used them its a force of habit. Is everyone okay with that? Its most likely to late anyway oops. They're not game breaking.
My Iconic will not be raiding other banks for goodies. I'll be there on tuesday with my Iconic starter gear plus some healing/cure scrolls. I'm keen to kit out in the new magic items tbh. Players have only done a few quests as a try out and as we have 2 from another server. Its unlikely anyone has found more than an extra weapon/item or 2.

Hope thats okay?

Back to top Go down
arklemighty
arklemighty

PostSubject: Re: Iconic only static night will be starting in the next couple of weeks   Iconic only static night will be starting in the next couple of weeks EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 10:09 am

Suspect I lost it somewhere, it has been known.

Great - can save TP points rather than buying a bunch of stat and skill tomes.
Back to top Go down
SlowDM
The Missing Link
The Missing Link
SlowDM

PostSubject: Ready to start .   Iconic only static night will be starting in the next couple of weeks EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 6:52 am

We will be starting in Eveningstar and running the 3 new quests there, Disciples of Shar, Escape plan and Shadow of a doubt(time permitting). Seems to me the best place to start iconics. I think we've all run those at least a couple of times so it will give us a chance to get to know eachother and suss out everyone's playstyle. I would like to work through the new quests but i'm open to suggestions esp regarding any magic items people would like to get.

Make sure you are 'ready to go' with spell components/ammunition/rogue-tools and some remove curse/poison/disease/heal/repair potions esp as you can't get some of these in Eveningstar :-). This isn't a byoh group but everyone can help themselves a little :-) Remember only last night, some of us got the 'can't heal curse'!!!. It may be worth spirit binding in Eveningstar or Wheloon just in case of a game connection problem.
This is a use what you find group so no raiding other's banks. Magic items found in chests can be swapped freely or given to whoever needs it at end of quest/night.
2 of our group from sarlona have put some time in so make sure you are all fully-loaded and ready to go at 9pm :-)

We will also be having our own post section in this forum this week. What shall we name it 'Iconic's only static night' ?

Look forward to meeting you all.
Ali
Back to top Go down
arklemighty
arklemighty

PostSubject: Re: Iconic only static night will be starting in the next couple of weeks   Iconic only static night will be starting in the next couple of weeks EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 7:14 am

Works for me; I did help myself to 25 pots from the guild chest, will put something back of equivalent or better value once I have run a few quests.

I think I have done those quests once - they only been out a few months Smile

personally I would want to mostly run FR content as that seems more in keeping with the iconics only theme and anyway I have done the eberron upto lvl 20 a good few times, well the easy ones at least.

Iconics only static night, while having the benefit of describing what it does on the tin, may be a little mundane. Perhaps we could think of a more atmospheric title once we settle in?

Bring it on!!
Back to top Go down
Ian_from_Horton

PostSubject: Re: Iconic only static night will be starting in the next couple of weeks   Iconic only static night will be starting in the next couple of weeks EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 11:58 am

Well i've bought some pots, downloaded skype and logged onto it (but never used it) and just need to figure a way of getting to Eveningstar without having to do the quests Razz

See you all tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Ian_from_Horton

PostSubject: Re: Iconic only static night will be starting in the next couple of weeks   Iconic only static night will be starting in the next couple of weeks EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 12:08 pm

Seems I have access to the Hall of Heroes so that's that sorted Smile

And how about 'Those new blokes from Sarlona are Awesome' as a thread name? No?
Back to top Go down
arklemighty
arklemighty

PostSubject: Re: Iconic only static night will be starting in the next couple of weeks   Iconic only static night will be starting in the next couple of weeks EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 3:55 pm

One vote from me but I suspect they might find out the truth tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
SlowDM
The Missing Link
The Missing Link
SlowDM

PostSubject: Re: Iconic only static night will be starting in the next couple of weeks   Iconic only static night will be starting in the next couple of weeks EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 4:40 am

'Those new blokes from Sarlona are Awesome'
Vote:- For 2 Against 1

Nearly spat coffee all over my my desk. :-). And i can see you winning the vote. (i'm still chuckling)

Don't worry about taking things from guild chest, thats what it's there for. No need to replace anything.

Deffo spirit bind in Eveningstar then as you may need to log on and off to get back to fr.

I need your name that you use for skype.
Best to PM me on here or PM 'Alihealsome' in game or just wait untill tonight when you log on it will only take a few min to set up. This is a kinda public forum so best NOT to post it here.

You can't access all the forum. It's been going a long time and the founders are friends so you are'nt missing anything. It's upto Admin what access you have. I've got to tell him the new thread name yet *chuckling with a hint of dread*

I'll be online with 'Alihealsome' from 8.30pm tonight .

Back to top Go down
Crinke

PostSubject: Re: Iconic only static night will be starting in the next couple of weeks   Iconic only static night will be starting in the next couple of weeks EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 7:04 am

I should be online around about 8:30 myself Ali, just need to get some health pots, tried taking out of the chest some remove pots but did not want to take all of the pots, so gave up and bought a few of each instead (could not get split stack to work).I did take the thieves tools as only one stack in there. Will need to replace those and find more. Fingers crossed the shopping will have arrived way before we start to play otherwise I will need to go afk for about 10 mins if Tesco's arrive with the shopping after 9pm.

As to the name for the forum for the Iconics, lets wait and see what happens tonight something might come from our misadventures I mean adventures Smile

Or we could just call it the THE Iconics
Back to top Go down
arklemighty
arklemighty

PostSubject: Re: Iconic only static night will be starting in the next couple of weeks   Iconic only static night will be starting in the next couple of weeks EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 7:45 am

I got some thieves tools as well.

Crinke - have you gone down the pre-build route or did you do some training outside?

As the other Shadar-Kai, I went pre-build and intend to remain as such as we race up to level 28. I will be trying to play as an assassin.
Back to top Go down
Crinke

PostSubject: Re: Iconic only static night will be starting in the next couple of weeks   Iconic only static night will be starting in the next couple of weeks EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 12:24 pm

arklemighty wrote:
I got some thieves tools as well.

Crinke - have you gone down the pre-build route or did you do some training outside?

As the other Shadar-Kai, I went pre-build and intend to remain as such as we race up to level 28. I will be trying to play as an assassin.
Yip I went prebuild also Smile was a case of jump in and see what they are like Smile. I might start tweaking with other iconics as I have spare slots but this will be for the group. 2 assassins no probs Smile
Back to top Go down
SlowDM
The Missing Link
The Missing Link
SlowDM

PostSubject: Iconic static night will have its own thread very shortly   Iconic only static night will be starting in the next couple of weeks EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 5:59 pm

We will have our own thread in next day or 2.
We did brilliant tonight :-).  'those blokes from Sarlona are awesome' might get a word in next time lol.  I remember 2 deaths(was there 1 more?), 1 was a 300+hp instant death spell OUCH, the other was an 'out of range' standing next to Cleric behind a rock/tree incident :-(.
We captuered all the disciples of Shar, only 1 prisoner  slipped free, bested the Owlbear.
Considering it was a 1st time out what else can new thread be called

Those Awesome Iconics

Member list
SlowDM
Arklemighty
Crinke
Ian_from_Horton
Old Sam
and 1  more is needed contact 'Ali'

Ali
Back to top Go down
arklemighty
arklemighty

PostSubject: Re: Iconic only static night will be starting in the next couple of weeks   Iconic only static night will be starting in the next couple of weeks EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 4:46 am

Yes, badly let down by the divine - I have 275 hp and was hit by disintegrate for 300 damage. What did the divine do - nothing!

Very Happy 

Back to top Go down
Ian_from_Horton

PostSubject: Re: Iconic only static night will be starting in the next couple of weeks   Iconic only static night will be starting in the next couple of weeks EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 11:24 am

Thanks all for inviting me into your group Smile

Had a good night and only died once - caught in a bear trap with bad guys beating on me so couldn't leggit Razz

See you all next week I hope.
Back to top Go down
SlowDM
The Missing Link
The Missing Link
SlowDM

PostSubject: Re: Iconic only static night will be starting in the next couple of weeks   Iconic only static night will be starting in the next couple of weeks EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 11:40 am

Our own new thread section Those Iconic Hero's is open and ready
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iconic only static night will be starting in the next couple of weeks   Iconic only static night will be starting in the next couple of weeks Empty

Back to top Go down

Iconic only static night will be starting in the next couple of weeks
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The FRAG :: Public :: Information about The FRAG/"I want to join!"-
Jump to: